A note from the SSHS Band Boosters
Band Meeting Minutes
If you have a student in the high school band, then you are a member of the Band Boosters. The Band Boosters are the strength of the SSHS Band Program. We take care of several things...we organize parent chaperones for the various trips/contests, we feed the kids during summer band and throughout the year, we help make sure the uniforms are clean and fit correctly, we host the marching contest in the fall, and we also are in charge of the concession stand during football and basketball season. We are committed to making more information available to you so you have every opportunity to get involved in this exciting program! As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
~SSHS Band Booster Officers
Missed the last Band Boosters' meeting? Find the minutes here.
Band Boosters Handbook
The Siloam Springs Band Boosters are among the largest and hardest working support groups in the Siloam Springs community. The success of the band program is directly related to the dedication and commitment of this group of volunteers. I appreciate you taking the time to read and familiarize yourself with the policies and areas of service found in the handbook. I encourage each of you to be involved with the booster organization and the music education of your children! It is my privilege to be the Director of Bands in Siloam Springs. I am excited about the 2017-18 school year and look forward to working with each of you.
-Mr. Daniel Hodge, Director of Bands
Every participating student benefits from the band program. Therefore, every parent/guardian is an honorary Siloam Springs Band Booster.
It is fun to see our kids thrive and succeed. Get involved today!
2017-2018 Band Booster Officers
Chairperson: Sarah Evans
- Work with all "area leaders" to ensure proper operation within each area.
- Work with Head Director to develop and cultivate Music Enrichment Fund.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising in tandem with the band staff.
- Provide vision for existing and new fundraising ideas.
- Communicate between parents, band directors, and community all details needed to promote attendance and volunteer needs for events, fundraisers, in addition to facilitating the function and goals of the Siloam Springs Band Program.
- Manage volunteer staffing of each concession event and NWAI competition via Charms and Simple Signups.
- Manage student clean up schedule via Charms.
- Facilitate Band Boosters meetings quarterly.
- Communicate Booster meeting minutes to Leadership.
- Ensure band website of accuracy and updates.
- Plan Band Booster budget with Head Director and Treasurer.
- Ensure Band Booster's stays within yearly planned budget.
- Work with team of volunteers and Head Band Director on all details of event operation.
- Travel planning and budgeting.
- Equipment moving/handling/construction help.
- Chaperone Scheduling
- Work with a team of volunteers to provide meals, uniform fittings, and any support that applies to the students safety and function as a band participant.
- Uniform maintenance/sizing.
- Student dinners-purchases food and works with a team to serve the band and staff for band camp and contests.
CONCESSION COORDINATOR: Amanda McLeod
- Purchase all necessary items for concession stand operation.
- Investigate the most economic means to purchase inventory
- Work with Band Boosters to ensure clean, efficient, and professional working stations.
- Familiarized with proper health codes, food prep, and storage to ensure safe condition of food items.
TREASURER: Amanda Largent
- Maintain accurate records for all financial aspects of Band Boosters.
- Maintain and update account records, working closely with Band Secretary.
- Prepare and present a quarterly financial report to leadership.
- Plan Band Boosters budget with Head Director and Chairperson.
- Ensures Band Boosters stays within yearly planned budget.